Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Mary & Damian

When Mary & Damian came to the Studio for their pre-wedding photoshoot a couple of weeks ago, Mary was very relaxed. She assured me she'd be completely dressed and ready for photos by 12 o'clock on the day, saying "sure, what is there to do?!" She was so confident that she offered me a €5 bet on it. I was so confident, I accepted. Needless to say, I won the fiver. She's a good sport though, and was a pleasure to be around on the day. Especially after I waived payment of the wager.

Anyone who reads this blog regularly, (and I know there are a few of you out there), knows I am a bit of a dog-lover. We have three of them at home, so I'm always happy to see them on Wedding Days. In England or America, dogs often get to go to weddings, but that rarely happens here. Mary's Jack Russell, Skip, took a keen interest in the build-up to the ceremony, particularly in the shoes. I had visions of a bridesmaid's shoe being buried with his stash of bones in the garden, but all survived intact.

While Mary organised all the tasks and details that go in to planning the wedding day, Damian also used his time to good effect, brewing three different wedding-themed ales for the champagne & beer reception. He wasn't drinking his own produce in The Harpers before the ceremony - I think it might have been a nerve-settling brandy - but I'm told they were top-notch. I don't partake when I'm working, but was hoping to bring a bottle home to try it later. Not a chance though - they went like hot cakes. I heard they packed a bit of a punch too, more in the Trappist style than "lite" lagers.

It was also lovely to meet Catriona & Fiona, two of my recent brides, enjoying themselves at the wedding as well as the other newly-weds Ciara & Nick. No doubt Mary & Damian are chilling out on a Thai beach somewhere now sipping cocktails - unless that is, Damian packed a supply of homebrew...

300_8964

DSC_2917

DSC_3028

DSC_3156

DSC_3375

DSC_3922

300_8747

DSC_4493

300_8698

DSC_4462

No comments: